February 11, 2011

Calligraphy Classes

On a whim, I wandered over to the International School of Hyderabad, located on this ICRISAT campus at Patancheru, India, to inquire if they'd be interested in having me guest-teach beginning calligraphy. They enthusiastically said "Yes!", and we set a schedule beginning the following week.



I liked that they not only displayed student art in the hallways,
but they also let them paint on columns, walls, etc.
No cold, sterile-feeling environment here - yahoo!

What a wonderful experience this has been! I taught beginning Italic to 4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th grade students. They were all great students, and we accomplished a lot in a short amount of time.






One of the 7th grade students - a wonderful group of young people!

Mr. Karan Singh, the middle school art instructor and an AMAZING artist - and me.

Unfortunately, they were taking a break soon, so I did not have as much time as I would ideally have liked with them, but that's life. I'm just happy for the opportunity that was given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment